We’ve traveled in many different ways: solo adventures, road trips, trips we’ve planned to the max, trips we just “wing” when we get there, and some travel group and “all-inclusive” type trips.
Basically our trip type depends on what’s on sale at the time, and how much time we have/want to use for planning. Each trip type requires a different approach to packing.
Our most recent trip was with a group where everything was pre-planned for us and we just needed to show up in the morning. These types of trips are great, but I got a little lazy when it came to preparing for it. So, here’s a list of things to BE SURE TO PACK for pretty much any trip you go on… but may be over looked when packing for a pre-planned trip.
12 things to be sure to pack!
- Travel alarm clock (battery operated) – don’t always count on your phone!
- Power converters/adapters if traveling out of the country – if you forget yours some hotels may let you borrow or rent one… if you’re lucky.
- Having a power strip or something with multiple plugs is great when needing to charge camera batteries and phones etc without having to wake up in the night
- Also bringing multiple camera batteries so one can be charging while the other is in use is helpful if you’ll be taking a lot of pictures.
- Medications & supplies – even if you’ve never needed them in the past… be sure to pack a variety. Keep in mind, you may not be near a drug store or have access to what you need when you need it.
- The minimum I like to bring: Band-aids, Neosporin, gauze, medical tape, tweezers, small scissors, Tums, Imodium, Tylenol, Benadryl, & anti-itch cream.
- Bug spray
- WRIST WATCH!!
- Toilet paper or tissues
- Lip balm & Hand cream
- Safety pins/mini sewing kit
Obviously the essentials to pack depend on where you’re headed, but these are some key items to consider.